2004 Ford Excursion consumer reviews

$37,015–$45,330 MSRP range

side view of 2004 Excursion Ford

96% of drivers recommend this machine

Rating breakup (out of 5):

  • Comfort 4.seven
  • Interior design 4.4
  • Performance four.5
  • Value for the money iv.5
  • Exterior styling iv.five
  • Reliability 4.six

It'due south a Beast From the By

The Circuit is only enormous. It'due south ridiculously big; however, information technology'south unsurpassed for cargo and hauling capacity. The handling is clumsy just you expect that from such a large vehicle. The V10 Triton is smooth and bullet proof, more than reliable and much less to maintain than the diesel fuel. Information technology's thirsty, 8 mpg effectually town and about eleven hwy. The Expedition, which I owned before, is more refined and much easier to drive. It's actually very impressive off road with the correct tires. I beloved the Expo, information technology'southward nuts!

Show full review

Honey it!

Room for everything n everyone! I dear my excursion i dont want to get rid of it but kids r grown now n have their ain vehicles so its time to downsize i guess

Show full review

Basically a super bronco abd I beloved it.

Ever since I sold my bronco ive been looking for something comparable only more family friendly. Found my 2004 circuit with 150k on it and extremely well kept, basically a super bronco, solid beam, 700r4 trans, 5.4 3 valve and gets decent mpg which is just a plus.

Bear witness full review

Loved the kickoff two so much, I bought a third one!

I have had iii excursions in my life. A 2000 V10 (purchased new in 2000) that I racked 420k miles on earlier I (stupidly) traded it in for a smaller, newer SUV, thinking I didn't need the "beast" whatsoever more. I had never had a single issue out of that truck too routine things. Well, 60k miles later that little foreign SUV fleck it. And so I got a truck, and so another truck, then Another truck... I went back to the tried and truthful. Got myself a 2002 V10. That was in 2010. The sometime girl has 680k miles on her, and is just recently had expensive repair bug. AKA the front finish and suspension has shown its advanced historic period and habiliment. So, ran around and did some car shopping. Looked at the NEW Expeditions (I don't have that much money), Suburbans (lord no), Yukons and Tahoes (again, no and no) and finally found a truck I dearest. A 2004 Ford Excursion six.0 diesel. (The 2002 V10 is still in my driveway because she nevertheless runs! Only need to fix the break/shocks/front brakes/sway bar bushings. Tranny and engine still going potent.) Yep, the fuel economic system in the V10s was not glorious. Merely y'all are driving a monster of steel and ability. The new half-dozen.7 is boasting a MPG rating of 21 highway miles per gallon (per consumer review). I was getting 13 with the 2000 V10, 15 with the 2002 V10, and 17-19 with the 2004 half-dozen.0. There'south not enough difference there for the $50k cost tag divergence. Most comfortable and roomy seats of any make and model in my opinion, the Lariat offers heated seats and the 2004 seduced me with an entertainment DVD package. You lot tin find optional 2d row bucket seats. Information technology can tow and cover the miles I rack up (which is a LOT) and carry us all comfortably. Me, my husband, 4 kids, ii large dogs (and the Maltese my female parent got the kids thinking it is a dog) along with all of our cargo and the gunkhole/flatbedBP/etc. Pretty sure it would pull the house if I wanted it too. Can't say enough good things nearly this truck (these trucks). If you simply proceed them upwards, they will last forever! (fifty-fifty if yous exercise have a bigger outcome, a $2000 repair is a lot cheaper than a new $20-60k truck)(was going to repair the 2002 simply came across the half-dozen.0 and I heart diesel)(Side perk, the sound of the diesel fuel annoys my mother and if I have to live with a bouncing cotton wool ball, she gets to listen to my truck)(Love my mom we just have this thing we practise) Ford. If you are reading this... It's getting harder and harder to detect these trucks, seeing equally how you stopped producing them about 16 years agone. People are even starting to customize/rebuild them and putting them back on the market for $20k plus! You are missing out on a potential cash cow. Please bring them back. Please.

Show full review

Well-nigh comfortable vehicle I've e'er owned.

The Ford excursion is the nearly comfy and roomy vehicle I've always endemic I've had iii of them over the years and accept definitely found the gas version to be only equally economic every bit diesel fuel yet much more affordable from a maintenance standpoint I wish they would start making them new once again .

Prove total review

The all-time car I've ever owned.

Met all of my needs. I am 6'seven and never struggled for leg room. Had great power and took almost 10 years for any clothing and tear to start.

Show full review

I have endemic this SUV for over 12 years

I take put as much money into this SUV as I Originally paid for information technology. This is a beast of a SUV will go almost anywhere you cartel to take information technology. It has a receptacle bumper mount then it can exist used in front end or back. It?due south the merely vehicle that 8 people tin travel comfortably and their luggage.

Bear witness full review

Runs great. Reliable.

Good on gas likewise looks great... dependable Make clean ... fun besides bulldoze Roomy for family. Excellent leg room and trunk infinite. You tin utilise it for on an off road

Prove full review

I've owned 88 others, this was the best!

Since I was sixteen I take endemic 89 new and used cars, light trucks, sports cars, motorcycles and SUV's. In 03 I wanted a diesel SUV for the job I had and since Suburbans didn't offering a diesel fuel I chose an Circuit. I endemic it xiv years, racked up 278,355, trouble costless miles on an engine others had issues with. I think the lighter duty, highway driving cycle I put it through and watchful maintenance it kept running perfectly, along with the rest of the running gear. It as well had over twice the mpg of the gas V-8.

Testify full review

Best truck I?ve owned

I wish I withal had a need for a vehicle this big, simply it?s a great family suv. Safe. Reliable. Plenty of room. Perfect for road trips.

Bear witness full review